Thursday, July 16, 2015

Takin' on Stockholm!

HEY!!!!!!!!! I don't even know where to start. This week was full of new things: new investigators, new ideas, new nightgowns.... #grammas Yes, Sister Jackson and I bought nightgowns. Best purchase ever. I alla fall....

I SAW ANNELIE!!!!!!!!!!!! We went to lunch!!!!!!!!!!! It was so so so fun. She is the cutest, nicest person in the world. :)

We got a very small English class going! We are teaching two friends from Ethiopia (and yes... they can run.... 14:18 & 15:30 5ks). They are so cute! One is really good already, so Sister Jackson is just helping him with his pronunciation and the other can't hardly speak any, and so I teach am helping him from Swedish. It's the best thing ever. I love helping people with their English because I know it opens so many doors for them. So I just taught him how to introduce himself this week! Also, everyone stares at us wherever we go when we speak our English. I didn't think they would, because everyone can, but people ALWAYS ask us where we are from, and it's super nice when they talk to us first!

So the first week here in Stockholm, we were just running around trying to figure the area out. But now we have it down, and it's just been a struggle to get it going. Especially compared to Gävle... So we thought a ton about what we could do, because Stockholm is not the friendliest place in the world haha. So I decided I was going to talk to everyone possible in more natural situations, and that if I did that, I would ask God for a potential investigator every day (getting their number and giving them a Book of Mormon). We had been talking about the power of faith and good desires, so we go out and I am super excited, but then I get some of the meanest rejections I have ever, ever seen. And I was walking up to our apartment and just trying not to cry. It was not fun, and Sister Jackson was not having fun at all either. But we just HAD to be out talking to people. So we go home and eat dinner (just straight pb&js and we ate them on the floor...) And I pulled myself together and realized that the day wasn't over and that we could still find someone. So we go back out, and nothing.... But we had a lot better attitudes. 8:50 comes, and we find someone. He was SO excited about the Book of Mormon and he wanted to meet with us. We were thrilled and I felt God had really answered my prayer... so we were heading home and I see this guy sitting on a bench and I go and talk to him and he is Christian and was really interested in the idea of the Book of Mormon- 8:55. We got two potential investigators with 10 minutes left to go of our day. I felt so humbled and grateful for God's help and guidance. By Saturday we had a full schedule of lessons... It was a huge lesson in faith. I've been focusing on that principle a lot. "But if ye neglect the tree, and take no thought for its nourishment, behold it will not get any root when the heat of the sun cometh and scorcheth it, because it hath no root it withers away, and ye pluck it up and cast it out. Now, this is not because the seed was not good, neither is it because the fruit thereof would not be desirable; but it is because your ground is barren, and ye will not nourish the tree, therefore ye cannot have the fruit thereof." Alma 32
So everyone is on semester here... #vacation. And the whole country just takes it easy haha. Church was super small, so we basically ran the whole thing! All of us four missionaries spoke! I talked for 20 minutes. I had a lot to say haha. And President was there! Sister Beckstrand was so cute, she was like, "I understood what you said!!!!" But I switched off with an elder for translating in sacrament. Then we taught Gospel Principles, an investigator came! And so did President haha. So then we conducted Relief Society, Sister Jackson played the piano, and I translated. It was ridiculous haha. 

It was a really good week though. I learned a lot! I love training and I love Sister Jackson so much. She has taught me SO much! I love you all as well. Have a great week. :)

Love,

Syster Stätler



No comments:

Post a Comment