Saturday, August 1, 2015

Puss Puss Hej Kram Hej

Not all too much happened this week.. I just cannot believe how fast time is flying, it's really scaring me! I could be with Sister Jackson for the rest of my mission. I still love her so much. We went on splits this week, and they were good, but she came back and told me that "distance makes the heart grow fonder" and we decided that a night away from each other was way too much. Haha.  And we also started a tradition! After weekly planning we have spa night. We did mud masks and cucumbers on the eyes... next week's addition: chocolate covered strawberries. 

So I heard a whole lot about Chile this week! I ate empanadas! Sooooo delicious. And a missionary just got home from Chile here too. So that was all super fun! Latins are craaaaazy awesome. They were talking soooooo loud haha, I think I've just gotten used to the Swedes. I love it though. 

The highlight of the week was chalk art. Sister Sorenson is this incredible artist and she decided that she was going to draw Lehi's vision in the middle of Stockholm. She drew it out and all the missionaries colored it in, which I would usually be all over that, but I was just amazed at how many people would come and ask US what was happening. So I just walked around and talked to people for 3 hours. We got some numbers and gave out TONS of Books of Mormon. I met the coolest girl ever, but of course she lives way down south.

That was the best part of the week.. We met with some people this week, but no one was overly interested. And Aldad, who had been doing so well, told us he wasn't really that interested anymore. So... we'll just continue finding! 

OH! I got a text from the missionaries in Växjö saying that Nik was coming to Stockholm and wanted our ward info! Also, Ilse is coming to Stockholm soon and wants to take us to lunch! SO FUN!

District meeting was really cool this week. I'm going to talk about it because I don't really have anything else to say. We talked about John 10:27
 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

We talked about how to be Christ's sheep we must hearken unto Christ's voice and how we can decipher between Christ's voice, our thoughts, and thoughts from Satan. It was really interesting! What I got out of it was this: if you want to recognize Christ's voice, pray for promptings. Then write down all the promptings that you get, during scripture study and just throughout the day, and leave a space under each of them. At the end of the day, write down if you followed them, or what happened. This is a really good way to clearly see that, if we are desirous and worthy, Christ will speak to us all day and tell us what we need to know, for our own good and for the good of others. We will see what we need to see and learn what we need to learn, and not a day will be wasted. Maybe worth giving a try. :)

I also just want to tell you guys that I know Christ lives. I promised myself before my mission that I would tell everyone I could that I know that if we come unto Christ, he will heal us. He will make our weaknesses strengths. He will heal us spiritually, physically, and emotionally. He will give us knowledge, hope, and strength to endure. I know that for sure. There isn't a person on earth that wouldn't be benefited by coming unto Christ and being perfected in him. I think it's something we often forget, or don't fully understand. Take a few minutes to be with the Savior during the sacrament, that's really precious time to come unto Christ.

 32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.
I love you guys so much and I hope you have a great week. 
Love,
Syster Stetler




The Tree of Life

Chalk art in Stockholm 
Syster Stetler and Syster Jackson

I'm not really sure what's going on here...


No comments:

Post a Comment