Monday, February 16, 2015

Staying in Lulea!

Hi Friends and Family!

 Will you guys do something for me? Will you watch "His Grace is Sufficient"? It is sooo good, and I love a quote in it that says:

When people ask him [The author of the talk], "You think you are earning heaven?" He says, "No, we are learning heaven."

YES, I am staying in Luleå! And I am so glad. I really didn't want to leave, I don't think I ever will. I am getting Syster Savage who everyone says is adorable so I am really excited, though it'll be hard to say goodbye to Sister Modersitzki! I cannot believe I am done being trained. It has gone SO fast, and I feel like I will have a lot of responsibility now, so that's scary. This week the most exciting thing we did was go to Umeå for a specialized zone training and it was great! I really learned a lot, and it was fun to see the Beckstrands! We watched Meet the Mormons, and it absolutely destroyed me. I thought back to how that was one of the last things we did, and it just trunked me out for like 2 hours. Just seeing the temple, the mountains, Snowbird, and especially Anthony saying goodbye to his family, I just lost it. Syster Beckstrand reminded us how much we are sacrificing and that "Sacrifice really does bring forth the blessings of heaven."
Investigators: We had a lot of good progress with Henry. He told us that he has been reading the Book of Mormon and "something freaky happened", verses were standing out to him and speaking to him. It was so cool to see that God is speaking to him through the scriptures! Terry has been sick, we will meet with her tomorrow. And Drew expressed his concerns about baptism. So Kris and Jen, a 3/4 American couple had us over for dinner (delicious) and then we talked about the Book of Mormon, which he read in a week. And when I say read, I mean READ. He marked everywhere he had questions and compared it to his Bible. He had a LOT of questions and he is really smart, and honestly curious. It was cool to see someone that curious and driven but it was a lot different than our normal teaching experiences about basic doctrines and relationships to God. He is going to read D&C this week so it'll be interesting to see what he thinks!
I think that's it... I wish I had more to say! I love you all and hoppas du har en bra vecka [Have a good week!]
Love,
Syster Stetler

No comments:

Post a Comment