Monday, March 23, 2015

Adventure Week

Ok, this week was a blast. We went to Kiruna and saw the ice hotel! And the architecture was incredible. I will send pictures. The rooms all had themes that were just gorgeous and so creative. My toes were numb during the entire tour. We saw them harvesting ice too, it seriously was just like Frozen, Hannah would have loved it. 

What else happened? We had a Relief Society activity out at the Muhi's. They live straight in the middle of the forest because she is allergic to electricity, and it's gorgeous out there. We also did a radio program. It's basically a "Meet the Mormons" type thing that explains our religion and plays some church music. We just picked out the material to be said because my Swedish is not good enough to put on the radio, haha. But it was fun to help with anyways. We saw the Northern lights three nights in a row, and they were fairly strong! I think God wanted to compensate for these Northern winters!

Investigators: Alex is seriously incredible. He has been to church three times now and he loves it. It's super hard to meet with him because he works a ton, but it's the best part of the week when we do. He said he has been reading the Book of Mormon and he feels closer to Christ when he does. He's great! James, I am not sure if I told you about him, but he is an old investigator that found us and told us to come over again. He is African, I can't remember which country he comes from, but he is hilarious. He just gives out all of his friends as referrals and says, "They love the word of God! Preach them the word of God!" Haha. We watched the Joseph Smith video with him and he believes those events truly occurred. Now we are helping him to read the Book of Mormon and come to church. 

Transfers are coming up, and I am almost certain that I will leave, which breaks my heart. I am just in love with the branch here and it really feels like home. But I truly feel like this area is stronger now. We have tons to do!!! And if Syster Savage trains here, this will be a fun place to work. Luleå is the promised land of Sweden.

Spiritual Experience: I was reading Jacob 5, and reading it as a missionary during this age change and increase of missionaries was a very powerful experience! I looked up all the symbolism on the institute manual and really prayed to understand the chapter, and it is now my favorite chapter of the Book of Mormon, easily. So... since you are (member) missionaries as well, I am challenging you all to read it and ponder it.

The parable of Zenos, recorded by Jacob in chapter five of his book, is one of the greatest parables ever recorded. This parable in and of itself stamps the Book of Mormon with convincing truth. No mortal man, without the inspiration of the Lord, could have written such a parable. It is a pity that too many of those who read the Book of Mormon pass over and slight the truths which it conveys in relation to the history, scattering, and final gathering of Israel”

I think that is all for now. I love you all! I hope you have a great week! =) 

Love,

Syster Stetler











No comments:

Post a Comment