Monday, March 2, 2015

New Opportunities



Hey!! I am emailing early because I am going to Stockholm this afternoon for mission tour, a seventy is coming. I am excited for that, and to see some friends I haven't seen for a while! (But even for things like this, they have to do two because our mission is so big.)

This week was a roller coaster! A lot of good, a lot of bad. Right after we emailed one of our investigators dropped us and I was heartbroken. I still am. I've been so stressed about planning the days and being in charge of so much more. Another investigator has been argumentative this week, even in church to the gospel principles teacher. It felt like his motives were to prove the church wrong this week. We had 5 investigators say they would come to church and 2 came.   But tender mercies in church: We had an investigator come who sat there in testimony meeting and cried and cried and loved it and wanted to learn more and keep coming back. And also in testimony meeting, Brother Vinberg, a member, stood up and said something like, "The sister missionaries teach Andy at our house and they surprised my nonmember daughter by how much Swedish they knew for being here for such a short time, and since that experience she has been more open to hearing the gospel." It made me feel so good, because sometimes I really just don't feel like I am doing any good here.

We also have some good things in store for this coming week, some new people to meet with and some referrals to contact. I am excited for that! We also went to Umeå for zone training and it was SO GOOD, as always. My favorite thing I learned from that was, "We refer to people as our brothers and sisters because we truly are. Think of how much you love your siblings and what you would do to serve them and help them on their life's journey back to God and try to remember these people are your brothers and sisters as well." 

I am trying to think of something funny or a fun experience we had or something, but I just can't think of anything right now. I'll send another if I think of anything =) I love you guys so much! Have the best week ever. 

Love,

Syster Stetler

No comments:

Post a Comment