Monday, June 22, 2015

I was born in a small town...

First things first, happy birthday to me =)

B) I got this phone call... from President... and it went like this,

"Is this Sister Stetler?"
"Yesssssss"
"I figured it was.... I have a special assignment for you. If you feel like you can handle it, the Lord would like you to train."
"Oh...... ok..... yeah I can do that! I get to stay in Gävle!"
"No, actually... not in Gävle..."
I am going to STRAIGHT downtown Stockholm and doubling in and training. I'm taking over the STL's area and moving into the Elder's apartment. Literally everyone just dies when I tell them. Elder Held was like, "Oh....no.....not Stockholm.... when the subway makes the noise... the doors WILL close." I'm really nervous. I haven't been sleeping well at all. It's going to be a lot, but I think it'll be a fun adventure at the same time. Pray for my grönnie!
So District meeting was super normal.... but Anna Lill told us she was going to come say hi. And she did just that. But she brought two cakes! And one of them had my face on it! It was beautiful. I will send pictures! We had a party it was sooooo much fun. I felt so loved. Anne-Lill said inappropriate things, wore an inappropriate shirt, smacked me on the but with something, and hit on the Elders.... so basically everything is the same there. Also, don't show the picture of her to anyone that can read Swedish. And don't translate her shirt.
MIDSOMMAR. Oh my gosh it was so fun! We went to Stockholm and it POURED rain the whole day, which sucked super bad. We made flower crowns and we danced around the may pole. It was a blast. I got to see so many friends! And my "dad" of the mission was there and I haven't seen him forever.... so my missionary brain totally turned off and so did his and I was like "AHHHH" and we ran in and almost hugged in front of a billion missionaries. Luckily we didn't. Haha.

Markus! So these three big guys come up to us on the street and are promoting American football so I said, "SWEET. We are American!" and I told him I would trade him a card for his pamphlet. So he sees us later and comes up to us and starts talking to us and we got his number. We met with him on Saturday and he is incredible. He is so sweet and he just ATE up the information we gave him. He came to church, said he loved it and wants to come again next week. I gave a talk and he was like, "there is no way you know that much Swedish. Like, you memorized that talk right?" God helps us sooooo much. And it's cool for people to be able to see that.
I actually wanted to tell you about my talk! I told my ward it was Father's day in America and told everyone how cool Dad is. Dad, you're cool! Happy Father's day! I love you so much and you are the best example ever. I talked about how we can come to know Christ through our families. I talked about each one of you individually helped me to come to know Christ through your examples. It was really cool to reflect and think about the Christlike attributes you all have. It was honestly hard to choose only one attribute for each of you and only one story to go along with it. I was really scared to give a talk in Swedish but I felt so much help and strength when I stood up and I got a lot of compliments, so it was a good experience.
Well, I am sad to leave Gävle... I really am. I want to come back here and serve here again..... I don't know how likely that is haha but I would love to. There is just so much more work to be done here!

I love you guys so much. Have the best week ever!
Love,
Syster Stetler

No comments:

Post a Comment