Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Transfers!

How's it going? It's starting to get INCREDIBLY beautiful here, I bet it's gorgeous there too with all the fall colors and everything. :)

This week was great! PDay was fun, we carved pumpkins and had pancakes with a bunch of missionaries. Stockholm is the best place for PDays. My trainer (first companion) is going home and my freind is going to be AP. (Assistant to the President :) I am really going to miss MOD! :( I know she will email me though cause she's the best. :)

Wednesday was awesome!!!!!!!! Annelie came to dinner and Institute. It was so fun. She is adorable. I said goodbye to her because I figured she was leaving...nooope. Haha. But it was a blast to see her anyways. :) I think she liked the lesson too! We had about 3 other people there too. It was really, really fun. I have absolutely fallen in love with the YSA here. We have so much fun!


OK. What else? THIS. AREA'S. ON. FIAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE. Kind of haha. We have some investigators and english class is blowing up! Jonathon has 2 friends that each brought someone else to the halloween party and we had a lesson with all of them! :) Two other people from English class came and it was just awesome. I have learned that God blesses me the most when I am struggling in certain areas.

I was reflecting on all the things I have learned now that I have been on my mission for a year. I have learned my flaws and my strengths, things I didn't even realize before. I feel like I have become softer and more understanding. I have learned what it means to turn to God. Gosh, have I learned that haha. I have learned that you need to read the Book of Mormon every. single. day. if you don't ever want to doubt the gospel. I have learned more of what it means to love people and how dependent we really are/need to be on God. I could go on and on... but I have a completely different view on life and the gospel. 

A spiritual thought: I have been reading a lot in Romans 8. It is a beautiful chapter. I was praying and then pondering about it.

 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?shall tribulationor distress, or persecutionor famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
 36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the daylong; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
 38 For am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present,nor things to come,
 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
It hit me so hard. WHO is going to separate us from Christ? For neither trials, nor a difficult companion, nor dark, nor cold, nor exhaustion, nor doubts, ... Trials don't have the ability to separate us from the love of God, but Satan will always try. DECIDE that you won't let it happen. Turn to him instead. "You are not a victim" is probably my favorite thing I learned from Sister Jackson. I believe we sat down with God and told him we would endure these specific trials we are going through and that we would endure them well. We are not victims! Whatever it is, keep going! "Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come 'till heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ THEY COME!"
I love you guys so much. Thank you for all your prayers and love! I can honestly feel the difference when people fast and pray for me. I have been incredibly blessed and I am so glad I am here. The church is true! God loves you all! And I do too. :)

Love,

Syster Stetler

 Syster Stetler and her zone using chalk art to share the story of the Restoration
 Syster Stetler, her trainer (Syster Modersitski. left) and her greenie (Syster Jackson)
 Syster Stetler and Syster Sorenson
Syster Stetler and some Halloween fun

No comments:

Post a Comment