Monday, May 11, 2015

Baptismal Dates

Hey Everyone!

I had a WAY better week. We all felt good and we worked incredibly hard and had two people set dop dates! Brad and Alan both decided they want to work towards baptism this summer. We are so incredibly excited! We need a translator for Ali, so he can express himself better, but he is so sincere and he is hilarious. He dared us to run down the escalators backwards after our lesson haha. Brad's lesson was really cool. So we go over to the same family's house (Sjökvist's... AMAZING FAMILY) for dinner every Sunday... (and she is a professional baker, so it's incredibly good food) but anyways, we got invited to a different lady's house for dinner and had an incredible dinner! She lived in town so we had plenty of time to meet with Bailo afterwards, and he had a friend come over and we taught him too! He was really interested and had is going through a hard time and he took a Book of Mormon! It was all so inspired. And Syster Savage told me that Alvin (in Luleå) is doing great and can't wait to be baptized! We got a lot of potential investigators this week, and we also met a lot of less actives that we are trying to help come back to church! 
Gävle has SO much work to be done! It's unlike other places in Sweden. People are willing to talk and listen and are just more outgoing, and that's good... and bad. There are a lot of people that want to learn here, but there's also a lot of weirdos. And it gets really annoying. I thought the bus driver was interested today, he was asking all about our name tags, but his questions went from "What's your church about?" to "Can you marry people outside of your church?" to "Can you go on a date with me?" Super clever... And unfortunately, that wasn't the only time this week. It's super frustrating.

Rant #2: Remember when I got kicked out of a University because I am Mormon? I also got kicked out of a psych ward.... long story haha. But anyways, we asked the Elders to come give a blessing and a worker told us "We needed to go outside, they don't want a Christian meeting going on in there." So we go outside, and she says "You need to go further than that." I was so mad. I feel like religious freedom is seriously fading here. I was so mad, but I bit my lip and sang "I'm Proud to be an American" out loud and I felt a lot better.
What else happened? Syster Giles threw a folded card into a homeless guy's hood JUST as the bus doors were closing.... and.... he showed up at church! So that was funny and also really cool!
I don't have all too much to say, I just am so excited to talk next week! I love you guys so much! =)
Love,
Syster Stetler






No comments:

Post a Comment