Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Korv's a whole new level of haze

Hey everyone! Word of the week: matförgiftning. Or in English, food poisoning. From what? Week old Fallukorv. What's that? Korv, hot dog meat, the size of a medium-sized snake with cheese in the middle, swimming in sour cream and taco sauce. When we told a Swedish missionary about what happened he couldn't believe that we even ate it to begin with. And to make matters worse, we went back to that members house and they insisted on feeding us korv stroganoff. But it was just Syster Giles and I, Syster Kimball somehow avoided all the korv meals this week.
 I still really like my tripanionship. I have a lot of stress when I think about what's going to happen after this transfer though, it's hard to make guesses when there are three of us. We'll see! There are only two greenies coming in so I don't think I will train, there are quite a few missionaries older than me that haven't trained yet.
We went to visit some people with Vako, this Finnish guy in our ward that has the hardest swedish to understand, ever haha. Finnish people sound like robots and roll their r's a ton haha. It sounds crazy. Syster Giles always messes with him a bit and when he says he doesn't know what the word is in english, she's always like, "Oh! Barbeque." or "Jellybeans" or some other word he won't know  when that wasn't what he was talking about at all haha. It's pretty funny. We also have a new member that speaks English with us and she was talking about her dog and said "She hurt her kneeball" and for some reason it was just hilarious to me. I wonder what mistakes I make in Swedish that are funny.
Syster Modersitzki came and did splits with Syster Giles and I and it was fun. It's so fun to see her all the time. Our district is super fun, but we just have a bunch of elders that are going home after this transfer, and they are pretty trunky. But everyone loves us. Everyone loves our tripan. 

BUT.... if you remember me talking about Alex in Luleå.... he has a baptismal date and he is so excited to get baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Syster Savage emailed me and I was so excited. I am just sick that I can't be there for it though. I will ask Syster Savage for pictures. He is such a special guy, he will be such a great addition to that branch. Also, on this happier note, the trees have finally bloomed and it's getting gorgeous and green here. I can't wait to see it in a few weeks.

Spiritual thought: "Over the course of my life, I have had the opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the most competent and intelligent men and women this world has to offer. When I was younger, I was impressed by those who were educated, accomplished, successful, and applauded by the world. But over the years, I have come to the realization that I am far more impressed by those wonderful and blessed souls who are truly good and without guile." This quote means so much to me. I worry so much about talents I don't have and about people liking me and I really just need to worry more about trying to be more like Jesus Christ. That's what will matter in the end.
Ok I love you all! Have a great week! Can't wait to talk to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Syster Stetler

No comments:

Post a Comment