Sunday, September 6, 2015

Gronask Eld

Hej a. Julia called up and said she's coming to Stockholm... so.... I told Sister Jackson she usually behaves better when we are in public, but we'll see what happens. "Because I like it" is like her catch phrase haha. Also, lunch appointment with ILSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I am soooo excited to see her! And after that we are playing sports outside because it's absolutely beautiful. August has FINALLY been summer. It's been so sunny and nice so we want to take advantage of that. 

I'll start out with a funny lesson we had. I called this girl, Jane and she didn't answer but texted me in Chinese... so I texted back in Chinese, then she texted back, "I call you tomorrow." So we met with her and she's super cute. We started teaching her about the Restoration and we told her about God, Christ, and then the authority being lost. "So, Janice, what did we just teach you about authority?" "That it was lost so we can pray for it and then we all can have it and do what we want!" ..... Oooh... So we start reexplaining and she's like, "Ahh, I gotta go, I have a lot to do." So... the authority was taken from the earth.... the end. Hopefully we can meet with her again. Soon.

This week was transfers, and the trains just decided to have electrical problems, so we went to the Central Station and helped people out with their bags and such. I saw Sister Kimball! She is so cute. She is going back to the south so I will miss her. Apparently the south just isn't in the stars for me. I really want to go to Gothenburg. Anyways, that's a huge sidetrack. I wanted to get to the greenie situation. 13 elders came in and one is in our ward with us. He is suuuuuch a greenie haha. He speaks swenglish like 100% of the time haha. So cute. He always says "Mycket bra" and no one ever says that here haha... 

So as for the good stuff, Soledad came to church again! We met with her and she is doing so well, I'm so impressed. She has made the decision to be active and she is sticking with it! I'm just in love with her son Kevin. He had me draw 8 sea animals during Sacrament meeting and cut them out so he could play with them. His mom said that when she is like, "Let's go to church" he says, "with the missionaries?!?" I. love. him.

DANNY! The 18 year old that we teach English to! He came to church!!! So we invited him to a BBQ that the missionaries were having and he came and he loved it. Everyone just came up and talked to him and we ate and played ultimate frisbee and had a great time, then we invited him to church and he came! It was the coolest thing ever, because we haven't even taught him anything. He's the best.

So that's pretty much the week. We had dinner at the Pence's, as usual, and they are the best family ever. We drank mate! It still tastes like grass. But we had tacos and fun dips... I love Americans. :)

“Service to others deepens and sweetens this life while we are preparing to live in a better world. … When we are engaged in the service of our fellowmen, not only do our deeds assist them, but we put our own problems in a fresher perspective. When we concern ourselves more with others, there is less time to be concerned with ourselves! In the midst of the miracle of serving, there is the promise of Jesus that by losing ourselves, we find ourselves! [See Matthew 10:39.]
“Not only do we ‘find’ ourselves in terms of acknowledging divine guidance in our lives, but the more we serve our fellowmen in appropriate ways, the more substance there is to our souls. … We become more substantive as we serve others—indeed, it is easier to ‘find’ ourselves because there is so much more of us to find!”32
I love this quote. I hope you have a great week!
Love,
Syster Stetler

No comments:

Post a Comment